Jon was born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
As many of you can relate, Jon comes from very humble beginnings. As the son of an immigrant family, he grew up with a unique Manitoban perspective. His cultural ties and Canadian identity helped fuel his passion for building and bettering our community.
After witnessing his commitment to making Manitoba a better place, Jon had received numerous recommendations from both active and retired politicians, business leaders, community leaders, residents of St. Norbert, family and friends to seek the PC Party nomination in St. Norbert. On November 2, 2015, Jon became the PC Party candidate for the upcoming provincial election and then went on to become elected at the Member of Legislative Assembly for the large and diverse constituency of St. Norbert on April 19, 2016.
On May 3, 2016, Jon was appointed Special Envoy for Military Affairs for the Province of Manitoba by the Honourable Brian Pallister – Premier of Manitoba.
Jon possesses a great combination of education and experience which includes:
- 10 years of Canadian military service - Special Services Medal (NATO)
- 14 years running two successful small businesses
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Entrepreneurial Management- Royal Roads University
- Founder and Past President of the Manitoba Filipino Business Council - Certificate of Appreciation for the Development of the Manitoba Filipino Business Council from the City of Winnipeg
- Past Board of Director of the Kidney Foundation of Canada – Manitoba Branch
- Member of the RCMP Commanding Officer's Advisory Committee for Diversity
- 12 years of community work as a volunteer in non for profit organizations - Premier's Volunteer Service Award - Certificate of Recognition from the Province of Manitoba
- 12 years as a football referee – University level football official and CFL support crew
- Proficient in both English & French
Jon is happily married. He and his wife Cynthia have two children, Reyna and Miguel. They are also the proud owners of Seger, their family dog!
Jon has earned the acceptance and confidence from our youth, students and seniors. Families young and old. Professional peers and personal friends. Jon has the much needed support from his family, and without them, he would not be able to shape this potential dream into a reality.
Through all his endeavours, he has earned a reputation for solving problems with honesty and integrity. Jon is very humbled and honoured to serve and represent you as your MLA. He looks forward in continuing to listen and engage with the fine people of St. Norbert for a better St. Norbert and Manitoba.